Sunday, February 24, 2008

Generations

The PT has gone through many generations of change. Each year is unique to parts and color. Some of the early additions came with the engine modesty cover and the original equipped under body stabilizer bars as originally equipped parts. However as of 2003, we lost these parts due to cost cuts and other reasons which we didn't care.

I missed those parts in my own purchase of an 03'. I had never even known I was missing them until a later date when I looked at an owner vehicle of an 02'. Feeling cheated, I purchased the under body stabilizer and installed it myself. I found no need for the modesty cover, after painting my engine intake plenum and custom air intake system.

As the 06' came out they were given a new front fascia which the enthusiasts did not like when first introduced. However as we know, as time goes on, we have learned to deal and allow this new model into our lives and clubs.

Certain years had certain special additions, as the many Dream Series vehicles, and the route 66 edition. Some have been discounted and some were only a set run of vehicle with plaques on the dashes to let owner know their place in history.

I hope to add to this as I enter blog posts here. I'm in need of a little more research.
Colby
Kingkole02

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
Copyright Colby Butler 2008 All Rights Reserved